Please find herein: information about myself, my memoir Waiting to Be Heard, further writing and public talks, and the case investigating the devastating murder of Meredith Kercher, of which Raffaele Sollecito and I are innocent.
Here are the top reasons why you can trust in our innocence:
In the room where Meredith was assaulted and killed – a messy and disorganized crime scene – there are only genetic and forensic traces of Meredith and her assailant, Rudy Guede. There are no genetic or forensic traces of Raffaele Sollecito and me.
Meredith Kercher, Raffaele Sollecito, and I have happy, healthy histories and no criminal record. Rudy Guede was an orphan turned drug dealer and burglar.
The prosecution’s case against Raffaele Sollectio and I fails to establish motive and is founded upon unreliable, refuted, and irrelevant forensic and circumstantial evidence. False confession; police perjury; inconsistent, questionable, exaggerated, and irrelevant testimony; and bad science. More specifically:
– The presumed murder weapon was a large chef’s knife belonging to Raffaele Sollecito that I never carried around with me, did NOT have Meredith’s blood or DNA on it, did NOT fit Meredith’s stab wounds, did NOT correspond with a bloody imprint of the murder weapon found on Meredith’s bed sheet, and was NOT cleaned with bleach.
– The presumed clean-up of Raffaele Sollecito’s and my specific traces within the crime scene is physically impossible and a false scientific claim.
– All invisible footprints outside of Meredith’s room revealed by luminol and found to be attributable to me tested NEGATIVE for blood.
– All genetic traces attributable to me in the bathroom I shared with Meredith, the hallway between our rooms and the bathroom, and elsewhere in our apartment are not datable and are simply the result of my living in and daily use of these spaces.
– Raffaele Sollecito and Rudy Guede never knew each other. There was no relationship, communication, or contact between Rudy Guede and I. I had only met him in passing.
Thank you for your consideration and support.