9 Responses to What Romance in Prison Actually Looks Like

1. Gilbert Baumgartner says:

Not exactly a couple, though a pair of women, mother and daughter, now recieved a life sentence by Cassazione in Rome after nearly 7 years of trials in the Avetrana case, a kind of parallel case of the Perugia case, almost a contest of absurdity. In this regard Raffaele and Amanda were lucky.

2. Michael says:

Amanda,

I’ve just finished learning your story. After watching the documentary, you’ve got another person rooting for your success and happiness. Keep winning!

p.s. – you actually seem pretty cool

3. Karl Waggoner says:

Hi Amanda, I hope you are doing well. I wanted to let you know that I read your book a few years back and have followed your story. I think you are a very brave woman and are a wonderful example to young girls. Your demonstration of perseverance, faith, and strength are truly inspirational. I am a school administrator and have implemented various empowerment programs in my school for both our girls and our boys. I have a personal friendship with Alexis Jones who founded the I Am That Girl organization (www.iamthatgirl.com) and have had her come out and speak to my girls grades 6-8. She is also the founder of the organization ProtectHer which is geared towards educating boys on how to treat girls with respect. Your story is inspirational as well and I know our I Am That Girls club has studied and discussed your inspirational story of your grit, patience, and strength. You were dealt a very bad card but handled yourself with dignity. I totally respect you and with you nothing but the best in the future—if anyone deserves a happy life from this point on, its you girl!

4. Paul Carr says:

There’s a screenplay inside you. Why don’t you try writing it?

5. Klaus, Germany, Stuttgart area says:

A truly captivating article, authentic, empathetic
    and well researched since potentially debatable points
    were underpinned with solid background information.
    (See the bold blue words that represent links to further information)

For people aware of your story or those just googling her name
    it was clear that Kristine Bunch was not inmate in the Capanne prison.

First I had my doubts about the numbers of the
    mental illnesses you mention, but seeing this as mean value between
    adult and juvenile inmates, it seems to be right.

It was an eye-opener that much more people really seem to have such problems in society
    compared to what I am aware of in my direct social or work environment.
    But in contrast to a broken arm or a sprained ankle those problems of
    course are not directly visible.

Here a link to the break down of the different mental illnesses
    Among U.S. Adults. (I compared this to Germany where in sum it didn’t look much better)

Amanda,

What to say? Thank you for your personal account of how people quite purposefully chose to treat each other. Forget that there is no morally sustainable justification; our actions define who we are. Plain and simple.

Those of us who’ve never been in prison can’t fully empathize with the painful memories you had to confront in order to enlighten us on human connection behind bars. We appreciate it.

I so wish there was a videotape of the prisoners cheering you as you came back the final time to collect your belongings. It would of been powerful. Perhaps you were appreciated inside Capanne more than you think.