14 Responses to It was just your average Sunday night, when suddenly…

1. I would like to send your books to my brother who is incarcerated. Please let me know where I could reach at you.

2. Stephane G says:

I’ve heard the great new on Twitter a few days ago. Again, congratulations to you both and I sincerely wish you a nice wedding among your friends and relatives and a long and happy life together.

Also congratulations to Chris and his accomplices for this very creative, imaginative and humorous proposal and for its amazing staging that truly deserve a special recognition award.

• Jose Covarrubias says:

Amanda Knox

Dear Ms. Knox:

You better than nobody knows about being wrongfully accused and incarcerated. The difference here is that you were in Italy, and my brother is currently incarcerated in the United States of America; specifically, in the State of California.

I am writing to you about a very delicate and painful subject for our family. The case of our brother Jorge Armando Covarrubias and his incarceration for almost two decades and counting.

Wrongful convictions in the United States of America, have stolen at least 20,000 years from innocent defendants.

3. Stephane G says:

I’ve heard the great new on Twitter a few weeks ago. Again, congratulations to you both and I sincerely wish you a nice wedding among your friends and relatives and a long and happy life together.

4. Caroline says:

Congratulations Amanda and Chris! You both deserve all the happiness in the world. Good things come to good people 🙂

5. Robert says:

Congratulations from Holland. Have some happy holidays together!
    Nice to hear good things are happening.

6. Lorraine Land, PhD, LPC says:

Dear Amanda-

As of late I have become interested in your case. In 2007-2008 I was not so involved in following what happened to you; however, as of late your case has peaked my interest. I first became more acutely aware of your situation in 2014 as I was into blogging back then. Myself I am a mother of three and get caught up in that so sometimes it is hard for me to keep up with all the BS out here.

I have to say that many years ago I was caught up in my own sort of trauma – nothing as dire as yours! Really. It was more of a generalized trauma where I began to recognize how many women today are targeted and this targeting is getting worse. Often violence and murder directed towards women just goes unreported. If you are a woman of means you will get some attention and you can be that “squeaky door”. If you are poor, unsavvy, young and dumb you are screwed.

One thing that I would like you to tackle in your Scarlet Letter Reports is the whole Child Protective Service debacle. Often women who are single mothers or who just plain do not fit the Betty Crocker image of motherhood are targeted and vilified and shamed and traumatized by a system that operates within in its own rule system. Heaven help you if your are uneducated, unaware, have no extended family, or if you do possess means and you are targeted by CPS (of DFS or whatever the acronym is in whatever state). Often times (guessing 80 % ) cases are generated as a means of retaliation with no basis on REAL data. The risk assessment used in determining whether a woman or man or whoever is parenting the kids is abusing them quite flawed.

DFS / CPS uses anonymous reporting. This is faulty and false reports have generated much carnage out here. The corrupt police state gets involved in DFS and you know that is a mess.

I am a mother of three, a licensed professional counselor, a certified school psychologist and counselor. I have worked all of the mid Atlantic region and I have done some educational advocacy work as well. Time and time again I here horror stories. Crazy is normal in the land of CPS and really it is the agency that is abusing its power and destroying families.

You want to address shaming and witchified women just look into the machinations of DFS / CPS. It makes the Stasi look “nice”.

This singularity, this cosmic event… found in a meteorite… some piece of creation… is, initially, strange.

“What the …?” But then, it all makes sense.

Like it always did.

“What is happening?”

What the cosmos figured.

8. Terry Dale says:

Congratulations to you and happy holidays.

Believe what you feel.

10. justme says:

I think the next episode is going to be epic! 😉 Congratulations!

11. Ganz herzlichen Glückwunsch! My deepest congratulations from Germany.

12. Gilbert Baumgartner says:

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

I think he likes you that’s what I think.

Comments are closed.